Monday, September 24, 2012

Bored in class...

Soooo, I'm sitting here in computer class with nothing to do. I finished everything due for today last week, and the next stuff that's due isn't due for another three weeks or so, so I'm going to give myself a little break. I do have a math test later today, and as I type this I realize that I left my cinema paper at home in my cinema folder. Great. I do have a little time to go home and get it, if I drive super fast and run in and out of my house. Oh well. I can do it!
As you can probably guess (or not, I'm not very good at this yet), I'm trying to stay on the positive side about everything. Thinking positively, eliminating any negative words like "don't" and "can't" and saying "will" and "can" instead. I also need to write two papers tonight. Ok, technically one, but then I'd have to write the second tomorrow, so I'm trying to get both done tonight. They're both on the same subject, so it should be relatively easy. It WILL be relatively easy. (see what I did there? :P)
I'm half tempted to ask if I can just leave, but my professor already told us to do the next assignments if we're done with this week's, but I don't have the right book to do it, plus I don't want to, so yeah.
This is starting to feel more like a journal entry than a blog post. I usually at least try to make my blog posts entertaining and less like the random nonsense that goes on in my head. Even while writing this, my mind keeps going a million miles a minute, thinking about a hundred different things, which, if I wrote them all down, would no doubt confuse you. but I'll give you a glimpse anyway.
I'm thinking about wanting to watch Dead Poet's Society again, and how I'm done with thinking too much about guys seeing as I'm still very young, and the only guys who have hit on me have serious problems, and even if they didn't, I'm still not attracted to them in that way, so I'm good with focusing on other aspects of my life and not worrying about boys anymore. I'm also thinking about when the next LDSSA (a club I'm in, Latter-day Saint student association) meeting is, and what dress I want to buy for the homecoming dance, and about the next SDP meeting (another club, for theatre) and about my audition for the next play, and I'll stop right there. That's a little insight into my mind and how it works. Everything in there has a connection, I swear.
I'm wearing one of my new hats today. A straw fedora with a pink flower ribbon around the band (is that what that part of the hat is called?) It matches my new dress very well. I'm just a walking pink advertisement today. Everytime I wear pink now, I keep thinking about when we talked about the significance of colors and what they mean in cinema class. Pink represents sweetness. White, innocence and purity, red, danger, sensuality, and something else I can't remember, blue is usually very calming, and black is the most powerful color of all. Black represents power, and sensuality, and evil, and fear. When there's black on the screen, or you see someone walk in wearing black, your eye immediately goes to them. It's an attention grabbing color without being presumptuous, no ego, no conceit, just an acknowledgment of the power it holds over our emotions and impressions of it and the person wearing it. It's also a very slimming color :P
I like my theatre and cinema classes a lot. I even like my computer class, too, although I don't really think I want to take one ever again, unless it's a choice between math and computers, then I'd go with computers. I don't like my English or my math class very much. I've never been a big fan of math in the first place, so me not liking it doesn't come as all that big of a surprise, but my verdict on my English class does. English has always been one of my favorite classes. I looked forward to it (for the most part) every day, and enjoyed doing the homework. We read some amazing books, had deep, wonderful discussions, and wrote interesting papers. But that was in high school. In college English, you don't read books. You read the occasional short stories, but that's about it. In college English, you write. A LOT. Now, I like writing, obviously, but for some reason, assigned writing has never been something that I've liked very much. I like being able to write what I want, and when, and how long it is. But what's a girl to do. I also feel that the class is very easy, and can be a bit frustrating at times because of who I'm assigned to sit by. There's this one guy, in his thirties I believe, who does not stop talking smack about the professor. Ok, I get that it's been about 17 years since he was in high school, and this is his first time in college (I'm pretty sure) and all that, but dear goodness! You don't argue with the professor over a question that, while you got wrong because of the wording, others got right, and you don't criticize the way he speaks in front of the teacher himself. The professor in in charge of his classroom, he can do whatever the heck he wants, pretty much. Yeah, you may not always like it, but at least wait until you're out of class and earshot of the teacher to say so!
Anyway, I feel like I've used up enough space with my random rambling today. Until next time, when I will probably be back on here procrastinating writing my papers!
Peace, love, and chocolate, baby. Peace, love, and chocolate.
(And Robert Downey Jr. :P)
P.S. Look up his ^ cd, it's amazing! Love it to death :)




No comments:

Post a Comment